Help us to continue making a difference in our comunity. Please make a donation to the Hartly Fire Company today.
Visit our new online store for apparel, Collectibles, and much more!!Shop Now
Friday, January 29, 2016
Hartly's Volunteers along with Cheswold (Station 43) were alerted for a Chimney Fire. Upon arrival, crews found fire conditions in the chimney with high heat levels in the attic at the site of the chimney. Crews used DryChem Bags to supress the fire while attempting to dislodge the blockage in the chimney. Eventually crews had to break open the chimney only to find that the clay lining had collapsed in on itselt which caused the creosode to build eventually creating the fire conditions. Once heat levels dropped in the attic and walls, crews returned.